Which membership is best for you?
Utrecht Library members enjoy access to a treasure trove of books, e-books, audio books, CDs, DVDs and magazines. All at an attractive price. And as a member you can also take advantage of all kinds of benefits and discounts, not only at the Library, but elsewhere too! Which membership is best for you? Find out here:
How does Standard membership work?
Standard membership is valid for one year and allows you to borrow anything, including e-books, without limit.
How does Flex membership work?
Flex membership has all the advantages of Standard membership, plus it’s flexible! You pay every 3 months, instead of once a year. Flex membership requires payment by direct debit.
How does Light membership work?
You get 20 credits: one credit is valid to borrow or renew one item. Unused credits expire after one year. You can also borrow 6 e-books a year.
How do you borrow e-books?
You can download an e-book onto your device for 21 days. After 21 days it will no longer open. E-books cannot be renewed at present, but it is possible to borrow them again.
Good to know
- You can register online (except Standard and Light Digital memberships) or at the Library. Be sure to bring a valid passport, ID or driving license on your first visit.
- Membership is for one year (except Flex membership) and is extended automatically.
Subject to change. For terms and conditions, see www.bibliotheekutrecht.nl
As a member you are entitled to…
- Borrow up to 10 items simultaneously for 3 weeks each. Sprinters are available for 1 week.
- Renew borrowed items twice (unless reserved).
- Borrow and return at any public library in Utrecht province, except Nieuwegein.
- Take online courses free.
- 50% discount on printing and photocopying charges.